Link Aadhaar PAN card | SMS to 567678 or 56161 and Link by Yourself
As per the recent government norms you have to link aadhaar pan card. Also you know the importance of Aadhaar Number which is now mandatory for those people who are taking the benefits of central government schemes like LPG subsidy, Post Matric Scholarship, KCC etc. If you not link your aadhaar with central government schemes then you will be excluded from taking the benefits of that.
Now-a-days Aadhaar is mandatory if you are applying for a new PAN Card without Aadhaar new PAN Card will not be allotted to you by the Income Tax Department.
Note :- If you have a valid AADHAAR, Same needs to be linked with your PAN and it is mandatory for filing your Income Tax Return from 1-Jul-2017 onwards
How to link Aadhaar card PAN card online?
There are two simple steps to link aadhaar pan card online. The first step is by just sending SMS to 567678 or 56161 and the second one is by visiting the Income tax e-filing portal. According to me the first method is quite simple and less time consuming.
I will be discussing both the methods and this is on you that which method you are following.
How to link Aadhaar PAN card by sending SMS?
This is the simplest method of linking Aadhaar with PAN card as it is less time consuming.
Text to 567678 or 56161 from your mobile number and enjoy pan card aadhar seeding.
SMS to 567678 or 56161
UIDPAN <12 Digit AADHAAR> <10 Digit PAN>
For Example – UIDPAN 123456789012 ABCDEF12GH
So this is the easiest way to link Aadhaar card to pan card by using mobile number.
How to link Aadhaar Card to PAN Card online?
This method is somehow time taking as compared to the method above discussed. In this method you should have access to your e-filing portal.
So without waiting too much let’s discuss how to link Aadhaar to PAN Card online via income tax return e-filing portal.
- Visit e-filing portal and enter your login credentials like User ID, Password and Captcha. OR Visit Here directly.
- Just after login a popup will appear asking you to Link your PAN CARD with AADHAAR CARD.
- Enter PAN Number, Aadhaar Number and Name as per Aadhaar. It should match exactly with the details provided by you in the Aadhaar card otherwise you will be unable to link aadhaar with pan.
- Now if the details matches then enter your AADHAAR Number and click on “LINK AADHAAR” button.
- Now a OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number enter that OTP here then proceed further.
- Then a popup will appear Thank You for linking aadhaar with pan card.
Important points to keep in mind –
- Please ensure the Date of Birth, Gender and Aadhaar Number is as per Aadhaar details to proceed further.
- If Date of Birth and Gender is fully matched and Name as per Aadhaar is not exactly matched then the user has to additionally provide Aadhaar OTP to proceed with partial name match.
So this is the complete process on how to link you pan card with aadhar card.
Please feel free to comment if you face any problem in linking AADHAAR with PAN Card, we are here to help you as soon as possible.